Looks Pretty Good To Me...

there is a number of small things /

Monday, March 26, 2007

Panda Bear

His new album came out sometime recently.

I am looking for a place to stay in NYC. Somewhere near the village. It is one hard place to get into. NYU is completely booked. Columbia is in Harlem.

It's weird trying to write about ones self. Der. I am going to get buy one get one free pasta at Bischero tonight. More revelations sure to follow.

Here is a song I like. It is by Sam Cooke. Honestly, could be off the best album ever. Live at Harlem Square. I am trying to incorporate more elements into my blog. I got this song off moist works.

I could make this an MP3/Poetry blog interspersed with my thoughts.

I am not good at writing about songs though. If you want my feelings on it, just pop in a video of James Brown dancing in the mid sixties--one of those famous tapes where he is surrounded by a bunch of white people who look completely confused and overstimulated--and turn down the James Brown music and turn up this song, or the whole album, in the background.

James Brown is such a space alien. There is a photograph I am going to buy of him. He is in a field in Augusta. He is standing by an old tree. He jumps. The tree starts to look less natural than he does. And his legs look like pistons moving in an old Pontiac. He and Gene Kelly knew how to dance. And Bojangles.

Ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home