Looks Pretty Good To Me...

there is a number of small things /

Friday, March 21, 2008

Publication

One in Shampoo and like 5 or 6 in Fence. Well shit-fuck. I've been rejected from all sorts of MFA programs, but I got poems in Fence. Well I am stoked about that.

Listening to Sam Cooke at the moment. He is the soundtrack of a life lived in a motel along the interstate working construction jobs around town and drinking warm six-packs. He is 31 channels on cable music. He is male isolation music.

I saw the Bob Dylan movie the other night, which was really good. It was nice how much heavy symbolism was in the movie. It was definately interested in obliquity and connections rather than supplying a normal, biopic narrative. It wasn't exactly difficult, but I had fun thinking about the movie. The movie had some killer shots in it as well, and great performances by my man Heath and Cate Blanchette, who is probably my favorite actress out there right now.

3 Comments:

At 5:19 PM , Blogger BLAKE BUTLER said...

funny, after reading ACHY MUSCLES i was going to suggest you send to fence. fucking awesome. congrats dude.

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Ian Davisson said...

thanks. yeah. total fucking shock. i like lamination colony better, though, ha/

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger Ryan Downey said...

oh my name is ian. i publish everywhere. shut up ian. ha.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home