Looks Pretty Good To Me...

there is a number of small things /

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Big Night Out

I am going on a big night out on the town

I am going to wear my favorite shirt and a nice pair of jeans

I am going to put some pomade in my hear and shave my face

I am going to put on a pair of comfortable shoes



I go to a restaurant and I choose several things to eat

I am watching the faces of the people around me as they look at the menu

Sometimes I worry that they will not like the food or think it is too expensive

Sometimes I feel compelled to contribute more money to the bill



The other thing I might think about is whether everyone is talking

Sometimes one person stays quiet the whole night and this makes me nervous

I have a big bottle of melon flavored vodka at my house

I have two sofas and a rocking chair and two IKEA chairs and a rug



Everyone gathers around the living room and has different things to say

Through the windows I can hear other people walking either out or back home

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

i like it, especially the part about worrying at the restaurant, it reminds me of me

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Ian Davisson said...

i actually wrote this poem thinking about your poem on triceratops. ha.

restaurants make me anxious.

 
At 5:07 PM , Blogger Ryan Downey said...

i spilled beer on that rug.

i feel obnoxious when i make accidents.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home