Looks Pretty Good To Me...

there is a number of small things /

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Atlas

all these poems I have been posting recently I am going to compile into a collection and call it Atlas. the poems are about travelling through different places and seeing weird shit. most of the poems are erasure poems, meaning I grab another source and erase words from the source to create my own thing.


here is a short one. you can highlight it to see what it says underneath.

"Dive"

Yet the implicit danger of the sign seems to get washed away by the pristine, vivid-blue lake below, which from the vantage point of the rim 1,000 feet up, looks like a massive, rock-lined bathtub.

Researchers here are going deep into the giant volcanic hole with aquatic robots and highly sensitive sonar. The lake, formed by a massive eruption 7,700 years ago, is one of the world's purest bodies of fresh water and, at 1,932 feet, one of its deepest. Most interesting to scientists, it's had little mixing with the outside world--no feeder creeks, no rivers, just snowmelt and rainwater.



ok. there you go.

5 Comments:

At 11:03 AM , Blogger Ashley said...

my life just got a little more steamy .... thanks ian and jessica!

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Ian Davisson said...

no prob. i dont really know howto respond to the steamy joke, so insert something mildly provacative and clever.

 
At 2:25 AM , Blogger Princess Banter said...

that's a clever idea -- calling it Atlas :) I like it!

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger Ryan Downey said...

ian when you finish atlas give it to me and when i finish my new collection i will give it to you

that will be good

i am planning on submitting mine as a chapbook to some places.

i currently have one chapbook manuscript looking for a home.

it is worse than my new one.

my new one is autosummarized n my blog so far.

fuck words.

erasure scares me.

autosummarize is basically erasure.

robot logic erasure.

 
At 10:53 PM , Blogger Ian Davisson said...

ok ryan. that sounds delightful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home